Black Chambers has capacity to support at least one reader per year.
Applications will be considered in March and July of each year before the commencement of the bar practice course. Applications should be made by 1 March and 1 July respectively.
The conditions that will apply include:
- Applicant must hold a conditional practising certificate as a reader;
- The readership period is for a maximum of 12 months;
- There is no guarantee of membership of chambers following the readership period;
- There will be a substantially reduced monthly clerks fee. Accommodation in a shared space in one of our Sydney CBD rooms may be available by arrangement with chambers; and
- Ideally (but not necessarily) the reader should have a member of chambers as their tutor.
Applications can be sent to our senior clerk Vicky Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include an up to date resume and written referees.